Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Anniversary #2

June 18th of 2012 marked the 2nd anniversary of my mastectomy surgery.  The day passed by pretty quietly!  It seems so long ago and yet almost like yesterday.  Time is funny!!

Daily, I'm reminded of my surgery as I inspect my surgical scars.  As scars go, I think they're quite beautiful!?  Vivian Ting is truly an artist!  Thanks to my oncologist, Dr. Garrett Smith, I take a 25mg dose of Aromasin daily to block the estrogen my body naturally produces. Daily, I try to get in some exercise to minimize the fat cells on my backside, which, by the way and thank you very much, is my body's main sources of estrogen in my post-menopausal status, !!  The irony!

And daily, I try to end each day with at least 5 things that I am grateful for.  "Vibrant and perfect health" is nearly always at the top of the list.  2 down, 3 to go...happy anniversary to me! 

 

No comments: