Sunday, June 22, 2008

Family...a new definition

Family isn’t just about biology. Family and friends come in all sizes, shapes, colors, skill sets, dispositions, geographical locations, and more. To list my “family”, would require a very long list! I thank my lucky stars for all of the everyday angels God has sent my way….you all know who you are!!! Please know that you have my humblest thanks for all that you have done for Bill and me, and continue to do for many others…every day. I would like to publicy thank the ALS clinic and the Memory & Aging teams at UCSF for their friendship, skill and their (collective!) outstanding bedside manner. The Kaiser Permanente angels include Will North, David Fields, Carolyn & Fran, Danijela, Jolene, Anita and Emmy.

It pays to get your legal/financial house in order and the peace of mind is worth every dime you invest. Thank you Steven & Joelle, and Henry & Jean.

Some days it’s an effort to get out of bed, put one foot in front of the other and just get on with the business of “getting on”. Terri, Janey, Phil, Chris, Teri, Tom, Patti, Sherri, Diane, Howard, Flo, Michelle, Tom, Nancy, Matt, and Julia are just a few of the angels who daily came to lift us up and carry us through the day.

If you’re lucky, you have friends who just seem to know what you need, when you need it and aren’t afraid to step in when it’s not so easy to do just that. I have been truly blessed by your friendship, humor and grace.

No comments: